Life coaching can take place in person, if the client and coach live near enough. However, most coaching is done over the phone, and may or may not include Skype. There are many benefits of coaching over the phone, with convenience at the top of the list. Click on the link to read an interesting article about phone versus in-person coaching.
What goes on in a coaching session?
- Sessions at the Kairos Center are 60 minutes.
- Each coaching session is totally about the client's agenda.
- You determine what you'll be coached on.
- During the first session, most clients have an overarching issue or significant goal they want to focus on.
- Future sessions focus on the details and steps needed to achieve the goal or resolve the issue.
- You decide what you want to "take away" from each session.
- Your coach ensures the conversation stays on your agenda.
- To get started your coach will:
- ask probing, powerful questions to surface the issues
- help you create a tangible vision of your desired change
- support you in creating an action plan with goals, timing, accountability
- guide you through predicting possible obstacles, and how you will work around them
- your coach will offer tools, assessments, inventories, and other resources as appropriate
- as your accountability partner, your coach will call or email with you to check in
- By the end of each session, you will have goals for the week, or longer if you want.
- If you want to change the coaching topic, your action plan, goals, etc., that's your call.